Thursday 26 March 2009

security of the scalpel.

lying on the stretcher
in a gown that barely covers your back side
needles all in you IV's coming from every direction
about to be rolled in
could be taking your last breath
putting your life for the next hours in
these doctors hands
do they even care about you?
probably not. they just want your money.
do they even know the whole story?
why would they care anyway?
your there. the medicine goes in..
you start feeling like your falling
the room starts spinning.
next thing you know, your waking up
you feel sick. uh oh, where's the puke bucket?
where are you? what happened?
you begin touching your body all over
searching for the pain
OUCH! there it is. it hurts.
why did these people do this to me?
make it stop, make the pain leave.
please.
too bad the doctors can't help
can the nurses? no.
no one can help.
no one can do anything for you.
no one except the Almighty.


For me, personally I love surgeries. Not only to they thrill me, but it is one of the only times that it is easiest for me to be completely dependent on God, knowing that just one milligram too little, or too much of any medicine could kill me, and who is controlling how much of this drug i am receiving? A SINFUL BAG OF DIRT. thats who. but i know that my God is in control of it all, of how much medicine i will be getting, control of the doctors hands, He is in control of everything, and i know that. so while you are sitting in the waiting room, worrying, scared that i may not be returning to you, I know differently. this is why surgery does not scare me, any type of surgery. I know God is sovereign and Just. That is all you or i need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment